Do you like biscuits? You know what? Your dog loves them too. They are one of the best treats you can ever offer him. You surely need a lot of treats in your dog’s training. It’s a good idea to bake dog biscuits at home. Have you ever done so before? If not, here are a few simple yet delicious dog biscuit recipes for you to try out today.
Oatmeal and Peanut Butter Dog Biscuit Recipe
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 ¼ cups hot water
Yes, I’m sure you can find these ingredients in your pantry all the time. You can’t even imagine what great dog biscuits you can make with them!
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix rolled oats and flour together in a bowl.
- Add hot water and peanut butter and stir.
- Mix everything well to form a dough.
- You might have to add some more flour if the dough is too sticky. Roll the dough and cut it into dog biscuits shapes.
- Place the dog biscuits on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Cool them before serving these delicious bites to your furry friend.
Believe me, your dog will love these baked beauties. Whenever you have some free time, go to the kitchen and try this recipe.
Another dog biscuit recipe that your dog will surely appreciate is given below. This is a little more complex than the first one but you can do it.
Quick Dog Biscuits Recipe
- 1 ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup non-fat dry milk
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup wheat bran
- 1/8 cup blackstrap molasses
- ½ cup warm water
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- Whisk together rolled oats, dry milk, flaxseed meal, wheat flour, and wheat bran in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg.
- Stir in the egg, molasses, warm water, and canola oil.
- Fold together dry and wet ingredients until they are well combined.
- Make small balls with this dough.
- Place them on a microwave safe plate.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Let them cool down completely before serving these cookies to your pooch.
Hope your dog loves them too!