The truth is that most of us like cookies, and our dogs are no different. They love cookies and can eat these baked goodies the entire day. You can find dog cookies to buy on most of the shelves displaying dog food, but nothing compares to homemade dog cookies. Everything made at home is better than what you can buy. They might not look as well as those you buy from the store, but they surely taste a lot better. This is the most important thing: taste.
Well, if you remain too busy to cook food for family, you must be wondering as to why you should spend time cooking for your pooch. The answer could be – for your sheer love for your furry friend and you want to see him healthy. So it is a good idea to spare some time to bake homemade cookies for your dog.
Take some time once in a while and make some dog cookies for him. Does your dog deserve it?
If your answer is yes, I have some proven recipes of homemade dog cookies that your furry buddy would fall in love with.
- Peanut butter pumpkin cookie
You will need the following ingredients:
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup of pumpkin
– ½ cup of oats
– 3 tablespoon of peanut butter
– 3 cups whole wheat flour
– ½ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F degrees.
- Put together flour, cinnamon, and oats.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, peanut butter, and pumpkins.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface.
- Cut with cookie shape, put them into the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow them to cool before letting your canine buddy to munch on these baked beauties. He will love them! You might love them too!
- Nutty bacon cookie
– one egg
– 3 slices of diced bacon
– 1 tablespoon maple syrup
– 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
– 3 tablespoons water
– ½ cup whole wheat flour
– ½ cup soy flour
– ½ wheat germ
Preheat the oven to 300F degrees.
Fry the bacon until crispy.
Allow the fat to heat.
Add peanut butter, egg, water, and maple syrup.
When it is well mixed, add wheat germ and flours.
Cut the crispy bacon into pieces and mix it with the entire composition.
Roll the dough and cut it into any shape.
Bake them in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
In a very short time, you can make your dog very happy. Reward his faithfulness with these homemade dog cookies, and he will never forget them!