Ever wondered what is so special about high fiber dog food? Fiber-rich foods are crucial for regular bowel movement. It is extremely important to include fiber in your dog’s diet plan, which will help
- Prevent constipation
- Prevent Diarrhea
- Reduce the risk of colon cancer
- Promote weight loss
- Manage uncontrolled diabetes
- Prevent inflammation of anal glands
- Prevent obesity
A high fiber dog diet will help boost the quality of your pooch. This will ensure that you do not have to spend much on expensive visits to the vet. Additionally, a healthy pet will keep you stress free and happy.
How To Add Fiber in Your Dog’s Diet
Get your dog used to eating canned pumpkin. This is not the same with the pumpkin pie mix because it has no sugar or other additives that aren’t good for your dog. A small size dog needs a smaller quantity, and a large size dog needs a higher quantity of canned pumpkin. The amount will depend on the size of your pet.
- Another good source of high fiber food for dogs is green beans. Fresh green beans have a higher content of fiber, so avoid boiling them much. You’d better steam them for some time and then chop them. It is ready for your dog to relish them. You can also use raw green beans as treats for your dog, but they won’t be as good as fresh green beans. You may use raw green beans as a snack for your pooch during training and games.
- Sweet potatoes should never be an integral part of a high fiber dog food diet. They contain a large amount of fiber. Peel the potato and chop it into small cubes. Boil them in water until they soften enough to be mashed easily. Add the mashed sweet potatoes to your dog’s meal.
- You can supplement your dog food with the fiber in the form of grains. They are tasty, healthy, and inexpensive. Your dog might like cooked oats, millets, or bran flakes.
You must know that foods that are rich in fiber should contain whole grains, rather than starches. Try to avoid feeding them a potato, rice, and corn.
If your pooch suffers from irregular bowel movements and/or constipation, then the best way to alleviate his symptoms is by supplementing his diet with fiber. It will not only aid digestion but also help keep his gut healthy. Before adding any nutritional supplement to your dog’s diet plan, it is a good idea to consult your vet and examine all nutritional information so that you know what exactly your pooch is eating.