You love your dog! Every dog owner does. Now is the time to show your dog your love for him. Maybe you treat your dog with special treats, or you often buy him presents, or you take him to long walks for some playful activities. Your pooch surely loves to accompany you to leisure trips. Yes, these are ways to keep your furry friend happy. But there is another way to show your dog how special he is for you – dog bows.
Why Make Dog Bows at Home
You might wonder why you should make dog bows when you can buy them. Well, you can find a number of bows in any pet shop. These cute bows are available in different sizes, shapes, and colors, but they come at a high price.
- A dog bow can come in handy when you take your pooch for a walk or for shopping.
- It fits equally well if you want to take your dog to a competition.
Sometimes they may be too expensive. This means you can only afford to buy a few. If you make them at home, you can afford to present your pooch with an array of bows in different colors and sizes. There is one more thing that makes them special: the fact that they are unique, just like your dog.
Does your dog deserve them?
How To Make a Dog Bow at Home
Let us learn how to make cute bows for your dog. All you need is a pencil, a ribbon, a pair of scissors, and a small piece of elastic.
- If you want to make a small size bow, cut a piece of ribbon equal to the size of a pen. For a bigger bow, try to cut the ribbon longer than that.
- Cut the ribbon into two equal pieces. Put one of the elastics around the pencil. Fold your ribbon in a bow shape and hold it against the pencil above the elastic.
- Twist the elastic and fold it over the tip of the pencil.
- Fold the ribbon in half and pull the elastic over the tip of the pencil once again. Pull the elastic tight and remove from the pencil.
- Congratulations, you have your first handmade dog bow for your most special friend.
Making a dog bow is as simple as this! Your dog will feel special every day with a fashionable bow.