Oh, Boy! Do Games! My Favorite!
It is no secret that your dog loves playtime; especially when it involves you. If they could talk, they would tell you that it is easily their favorite pastime activity. When it comes to fun dog games, everything is exciting for your beloved pet.
Whether you are throwing a tennis ball across the yard a million times, rolling around on the ground roughhousing or inventing a brand new game altogether, it is no doubt that your dog is having a blast. However, you may grow bored with the usual games and want something different. Not to worry, we have put together a fun list of exciting new games to play with your canine friend!
Fun Dog Games to Try Out Today
We are all familiar with the standard fetch, roughhouse, and Frisbee throwing. Although these are fun games to play, they can get boring after a while. We have put together a short list of some of our favorite games that are a little unique.
- Tug-o-war: This is a favorite among bigger breeds, though smaller dogs tend to enjoy a good tug-o-war game too. You can use a rope toy, an old T-shirt, or even a stuffed toy as long as you do not pull too hard. Give your friend one end of the item while you have the other in your hand, and you can have immense amount of fun! Remember not to pull too hard since this can hurt your pet’s teeth.
- Bubble Wars: This may seem like a cheesy game at the start, but it is one game your pet will enjoy. It is something that younger children can have fun doing. Young kids may feel left out when it comes to playing with the family dog and this is a great way to include them. Simply blow bubbles and watch your dog jump and pop them. See how high you can get your furry friend to jump!
- Hide and Seek: Although this may require a bit of training, it is easily one of the greatest dog games. Like the original game, it works both ways. You can train your dog to go hide while you count and vice versa. Once your dog gets the hang of it, it will be one game that you want to play over and over again!
- Find the Item: This game may also require a little practice, but it is something that everyone in your family will enjoy. Hide your pet’s toy or a specific item somewhere in the house or yard and then instruct your dog to find it. You will be amazed to see how quickly he or she can locate the object, especially if there are treats involved!
- Soccer– Yes, you can teach your pet to play this sport with you! Your dog will run around with you, trying to block your goals or help you outsmart other family members to score a goal! Like some other tricks, it requires some practice but they will pick it up fairly fast.
Get Out and Play!
Regardless of what fun dog games you decide to play, the important thing is that you are interacting with your dog. He or she craves your attention and will definitely appreciate any playtime sessions; especially if fun new games are involved!