Let’s admit it: we all love cookies! Dogs love them too. A freshly baked set of cookies is all you need to refresh your senses. It is equally better to feed your pup homemade cookies. The best part is that you can control what goes into your dog’s food. On top of it, you can provide him with food free from preservatives and make healthy dog food. Of course, you could buy some healthy treats made by top dog food brands, but where’s the fun in that?
On top of that, you will realize that you can save money. At the same time, you will get a higher quality product that your dog will simply fall in love with. He will never want to go back to his usual doggie treat.
Here is the list of ingredients:
- 2 cups flour (whole wheat would be just perfect)
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
- 3 regular eggs
- half a cup of water (if you realize that the dough is too dry you can add a few more tablespoons of water)
- half a cup of dry milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 150° C (302°F).
- Beat the eggs lightly in a small bowl. Add peanut butter and water.
- Combine together all dry ingredients and sift them well. Mix wet and dry ingredients and knead the dough with your hands for about 3 minutes or until you have a smooth ball of dough.
- Flatten out the dough with a rolling pin. Cut shapes using a cookie cutter. If you want to cut the dough into bone shapes, you can buy a bone-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 30 minutes, or until they become golden brown.