I bet you want to have the coolest dog in your area! Who wouldn’t? You can find below some tips to make your dog special and skilled. Teach him these puppy tricks, and you will be proud of him.
Top Puppy Tricks
- Many dogs like to lick. When he does so, let’s teach him to kiss. Each time, your dog starts licking your face, tell him to give a kiss. When he does so, offer him a reward or applaud his efforts. Your purpose is to show him that you are satisfied with what he has done. At the beginning, it is a good idea to apply something lucrative on your cheek that your dog might like to eat.
- Teach your dog how to go to bring you things. To begin with, take a stick and make your dog recognize it. Then throw the stick down on the floor and ask your pooch to bring it to you. You may need to repeat it several times at the beginning until the dog gets used to the command. When he picks up the stick and gives it to you, it is a good idea to reward and encourage him. Then throw the stick further and keep asking your dog to bring it back. You are going to have a lot of fun!
- Let’s see how to teach a dog to do a high five. First, teach him how to shake hands. When he learns to do so, move your hand higher and keep saying, “high five.” If your dog hits your hand with the paw, reward him immediately. This will encourage him to keep doing what he has learned. Raise your hand higher and higher and make your dog jump in order to do a high five. This is one of the funniest puppy tricks to teach your furry friend, and it’s not difficult too.
- Can you teach your dog to speak? Of course, you can! When dogs bark, it is understood that they are trying to convey something. Since you do not understand the barking sound of your furry friend, why not teach him something else? Teach him to bark when he wants a certain thing. When he starts barking at something, you must say “Speak!” and continue like that. He will learn and understand the word “Speak” and will obey your future commands whenever you ask him to speak.
- Would you like your dog to beg before you to give him something? Here is one of the puppy tricks to teach how to do that. Teaching a dog to beg is a little difficult, but with practice, you can easily manage it.
Take your dog’s favorite thing and keep it above his head. Ask him to say, please. The first thing your dog will do is to rise two feet high and get hold of that thing.
On the process of teaching your puppy tricks, there is one thing you should always keep in mind. The reward your dog gets after doing everything right is extremely important. This will encourage him to do it right every time.
I know that puppy tricks are a challenge for you and for your puppy too. But nothing compares with the pride of showing off what your dog knows.
Does your dog know any of the tricks listed above?